Snowboarding in the US can be a great experience. A snowboarding trip to the States can be an extremely memorable experience and let you have a fun-filled perfect vacation. Here are ten things that you should know about snowboarding in the US:
- The United States has a huge number of different places that offer great snowboarding. Different locations have different specialties. Certain snowboarding locations have untouched snow in the backcountry; these areas are great if you’re a freerider. Other locations have great terrain parks with places to practice stunts for freestyle snowboarders. Carvers can opt for faster, groomed land where they can sweep across the mountain. The States offer all of these options and many more in the numerous boarding locations.
- The ski resorts in the United States are of world class standards. The US is well known for its flamboyant and extravagant nature. This holds true even at the may ski resorts throughout the country. The service here is unbeatable.
- For those snowboarders who are still learning and keen on getting the most of their snowboarding experience, the US has some of the best snowboarding instructors and well organised schools.
- People from all around the world visit the United States for snowboarding – this means you have a great chance of meeting a whole range of people from all over the US and the world.
- While European rates for snowboarding are sky-rocketing – snowboarding in the US is affordable without compromising on the quality of the experience.
- A snowboarding trip in which you need to lug around heavy equipment can be quite an ordeal. If you are snowboarding in the US you will be able to rent the gear you nee. No more lugging gear through Customs and worrying about your gear getting damaged or lost in transit.
- After a long day of snowboarding, the ski resorts in the US provide tourists with a great place to relax. The nightlife of the United States is excellent and provides a great opportunity for tourists to explore and meet new people.
- Mammoth Mountain in California is the tallest ski resort in the area. Winter here stretches over six months for an extremely long boarding season. It has one of the biggest half-pipes in the world, the renowned Super Duper Pipe. It also has two smaller pipes. The terrain parks here are ranked among the world’s best.
- Utah’s Canyon Resort is a favorite among snowboarders that regularly shred its award winning terrain park that stretches over 1 acres. There are 8 peaks, 163 runs, two terrain parks and six half-pipes. There are state of the art lodges here for relaxation and many shops and restaurants for entertainment.
- Squaw Valley is a mountain village that is surrounded by six peaks and around 4000 acres of terrain. The area has become a state-of-the-art snowboarding facility. There are great conditions for snowboarders of all levels. A 5 km mountain run is also available for night boarding up to 9 p.m.
Snowcapped Tours specialises in providing individual domestic and international ski holiday packages that cater for all levels of skiing and snowboarding enthusiasts at some of the best prices in the market.
The experienced team at Snowcapped Tours is renowned for providing the highest level of customer service and exceeding client expectations. Contact Snowcapped Tours at www.snowcapped.com.au and let them find the best ski holiday packages for you.